Hybrid working - based in the office or with clients 4 days a week (HQ in Aldgate, London)
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed business founded 6 years ago, applying the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare's most important challenges - how to engage front line teams in continuously improving quality and patient safety while saving them time. Our aim is to bring a transformational digital user experience to front line staff, across all health and social care settings, removing manual paper-based processes, and freeing up time to care. In doing so, we provide front-line teams with the information and evidence needed to improve their services. We seek to provide management, boards, and investors in these sectors with a real time view of quality across their organisations so they can support rapid quality improvement and evidence quality.
Based off an exceptional early-stage product, our business currently supplies a range of blue-chip organisations both in the UK and now in 3 international markets. However, we now seek to take our offering to the next level. Our business has ambitious growth plans for product development (new features and modules) as well as international sales.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Focus relentlessly on the customer
- Committed to working as part of an outstanding team
- Impatient for change and want to improve things quickly
- Innovate with purpose
What we are looking for:
To support Tendable's plans for growth in the UK and internationally, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our Product team. We have an opportunity for the right candidate to take ownership of our newest products and features. This role will allow an experienced Product Manager to use their skills and experience while growing professionally with this exciting opportunity.
You will be able to take ownership of your product areas considering all elements of a successful early-stage product. You will have experience managing product owners as well as working constructively with colleagues across the business (including commercial, development) as well as customers. You will be able to work with the business to articulate clearly benefits anticipated from product development and to put in place metrics to assess delivery of these benefits. You’ll be someone who’s willing to learn and contribute to the wider team, bringing your knowledge and expertise to the forefront at all stages of the product lifecycle. You'll be at the heart of shaping thoughtful product features, that deliver the most value to our users, whilst continuously collaborating with our internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll have the chance to work at all stages of the product lifecycle, making sure we are developing the right things based on priority and value, and developing high quality products that delight are our customers.
Most importantly, you are energetic and enthusiastic about making an impact on the working lives of health and social care staff, from the front line to the board through user centred product development.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and delivering an extensive product roadmap
- Creating and documenting customer centric user stories (requirements)
- Continuous prioritisation of user stories within the product backlog, in line with user needs, business objectives and product roadmap
- Continuous prioritisation of bugs within the bug backlog, in line with priority and severity
- Developing and enhancing the product process to validate the backlog and ensuring post-release objectives are met to continue to delight our customers.
- Regular engagement with internal and external stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle to ensure the creation of products and features that delight our users
- Managing junior product owners and responsible for overseeing one or more scrum teams, ensuring the vision for the product/feature and user stories are fully understood during development
- Managing the relationship between the sprint team(s) and the internal and external stakeholders
- Using agile development principles, work collaboratively to define features, and delivered in a way that will deliver optimal customer and business value.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties.
- At least 6 years’ experience working in product roles, with at least 3 years’ experience in a product management role, overseeing and managing junior employees (product owners, business analysts).
- A clear track record of developing insight into user requirements and releasing exceptional products that meet and exceed customer expectations
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle with the demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams, particularly in collaborating with development teams
- Technical background with knowledge of software development, mobile/web technologies, and APIs
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to understand and incorporate UI/UX processes
- Ambition and high energy and the desire to lead change at pace
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with ClickUp
- Experience leading scrum ceremonies
- Experience product development for health and social care needs
- Experience scaling the product function in an organisation
Competitive market salary and a pension contribution up to 7%Annual discretionary bonusCompany share option schemeIndividual personal development budget plus up-to 3 days leave per annum25 days annual leave plus bank holidays24/7 employee assistance programmeThe opportunity to join an exciting start-up in growth
At Tendable we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.