Remote working (HQ in Euston, London)
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed business founded 6 years ago, applying the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare's most important challenges - how to engage front line teams in continuously improving quality and patient safety. Our aim is to bring a transformational digital user experience to front line staff, across all health and social care settings, by removing manual paper-based processes, thereby freeing up time to care. In doing so, we provide front-line teams with the information and evidence needed to improve their services. We seek to provide management, boards, and investors in these sectors with a real time view of quality across their organisations so they can support quality improvement and evidence quality.
Based off an exceptional early-stage product, our business currently supplies a range of blue-chip organisations both in the UK and now in 2 other international markets. However, we now seek to take our offering to the next level. Our business has ambitious growth plans for product development (new features and modules) as well as international sales.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Focus relentlessly on our customers' needs
- Committed to working as part of an outstanding team
- Impatient for change and want to improve things quickly
- Innovate with purpose
What we are looking for
To support Tendable’s plans for growth in the UK and internationally, we are looking for an engineering leader, who
- Can lead and inspire talented engineers in an agile development environment to innovate, implement, and deploy and own end-to-end complex software solutions in a commercial, mission-critical environment for thousands of customers
- Develop and grow engineering talent through effective mentoring, coaching, and retention strategies in a fast-growing, highly competitive economic environment
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Tendable’s services
- Manage planning and execution to successfully deliver value to our customers
- Partner with product and other stakeholders, to drive desired outcomes
As a leader in the engineering team, you will work on our next generation platform to create a meaningful and easy to use reporting experience for our customers. You are motivated by being part of a growing business and playing an active role in that growth. Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about making an impact on the working lives of health and social care staff, from the front line to the board. If you're a creative problem solver who is hungry for a new adventure, Tendable is the place for you.
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of multidisciplinary engineers
- Aligns with other teams on project scope, domain and boundaries
- Analyzes and identifies possible project delays and reports to stakeholders
- Mentorship - ability to successfully transfer knowledge
- Able to decrypt unclear stakeholder requirements and drives for clarity to ensure right problem is addressed
- Solid experience building large-scale applications using modern programming languages
- Wide experience in different technology stacks, tools, and practices such as DevOps.
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and scaling of web apps and APIs
- Experience working within Agile practices and knowledge of Agile values & principles
- Proficient in unit-testing, TDD, BDD/ATDD
- Experience with cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Solid experience of building applications in distributed systems architecture (Microservices, Event-Driven, SOA and RESTful Services)
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDb).
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques
- Ensures quality, performance, monitoring, alerting and security using best practices
- Experience building mobile apps in iOS or Android.
- Competitive market salary and a pension contribution up to 7%
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Company share option scheme
- Individual personal development budget plus up-to 3 days leave per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to join an exciting start-up in growth
At Tendable, we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
- Product & Development
- London Office
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
Build the future with us
SalaryWe offer a competitive Salary
Personal DevelopmentWe offer a fixed individual development budget, for you to invest in your future with us, with an additional 3 days leave to support your growth
Build an extraordinary productWhere anyone can belong anywhere starts with a workplace where you feel welcome and can contribute your best
Our workplace and culture
At Tendable, we apply the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare’s most important challenges: how to continuously raise the bar on quality.
The Tendable app and web platform make quality inspections quicker, easier and more effective by bringing the mobile user experience we all know and love to the frontlines of the healthcare industry.
Health and care workers are called to their professions because of a passion for people, not paperwork. Yet, healthcare staff often spend more time on admin than caring for patients.
At the same time, health and care workers face new challenges in keeping our communities healthy. As a result, understanding and improving quality in care is more critical now than ever.
Across care and clinical settings, teams want to do better for the people and communities they care for. First, they need to know what better means.
This is why we created Tendable.
Loading application form
Already working at Tendable?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.