Hybrid working ( 3 -4 days in the office) (HQ in Euston, London)
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed business founded 6 years ago, applying the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare's most important challenges - how to engage front line teams in continuously improving quality and patient safety. Our aim is to bring a transformational digital user experience to front line staff, across all health and social care settings, by removing manual paper-based processes, thereby freeing up time to care. In doing so, we provide front-line teams with the information and evidence needed to improve their services. We seek to provide management, boards, and investors in these sectors with a real time view of quality across their organisations so they can support quality improvement and evidence quality.
Based off an exceptional early-stage product, our business currently supplies a range of blue chip organisations both in the UK and now in 2 international markets. However, we now seek to take our offering to the next level. Our business has ambitious growth plans for product development (new features and modules) as well as international sales.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Hero the Customer
- Achieve as One Team
- Deliver the right results at the right pace to drive our ambition
- Innovate with purpose
What we are looking for:
To support Tendable's plans for growth in the UK and internationally, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our expanding Product team. We have an opportunity for the right candidate to take ownership of one of our newest products in the Ambulance market. This role will allow an experienced Product Manager to use their skills and experience while growing professionally with this exciting market opportunity.
You will be able to work independently an take ownership of your product area considering all elements of a successful early stage product. You’ll be someone who’s willing to learn and contribute to the wider team bringing your knowledge and expertise to the forefront at all stages of the product lifecycle. You'll be at the heart of shaping elegant and thoughtful product features, that deliver the most value to our users, whilst continuously collaborating with our engineers, designers, internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll have the chance to work at all stages of the product lifecycle, making sure we are developing the right things based on priority and value, and developing things right. You approach product challenges head-on and you’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone when you have your mind set on defeating a challenge.
Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about making an impact on the working lives of health and social care staff, from the front line to the board through user centred product development.
- Developing, maintaining and delivering a product roadmap
- Creating and documenting customer centric user stories (requirements)
- Continuous prioritization of user stories within the product backlog in line with user needs, business objectives and product roadmap
- Continuous prioritization of bugs within the bug backlog in line with priority and severity
- Regular engagement with internal and external stakeholders throughout the product lifecycle to ensure the creation of products and features that delight our users.
- Responsible for overseeing one or more scrum teams ensuring the vision for the product / feature and user stories are fully understood during development
- Managing the relationship between the sprint team(s) and the internal and external stakeholders
- Using agile development principles, work collaboratively to define features, and delivered in a way that will deliver optimal customer and business value.
- At least 5 years experience working as a Product Owner or a similar role in product management, with a clear track record of developing insight into user requirements and releasing exceptional products that meet and exceed customer expectations
- Hands-on experience managing all stages of the product life cycle with the demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a cross functional project team
- Technical background with knowledge of software development, mobile/web technologies, and APIs
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to understand and incorporate UI/ UX processes
- Ambition and high energy and the desire to lead change at pace
- Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with ClickUp
- Experience leading scrum ceremonies
- Experience product development for health and social care needs
- Competitive market salary with pension contribution up to 7%
- Annual discretionary bonus/commission plan
- Individual personal development budget plus 3 days leave per annum
- Company share option scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to join an exceptional start-up business backed by blue-chip VCs at an early stage of the journey
At Tendable, we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.