Full Stack Developer
Remote working (Offices in Leeds and London)
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed business founded 6 years ago, applying the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare's most important challenges - how to engage front line teams in continuously improving quality and patient safety. Our aim is to bring a transformational digital user experience to front line staff, across all health and social care settings, by removing manual paper-based processes, thereby freeing up time to care. In doing so, we provide front-line teams with the information and evidence needed to improve their services. We seek to provide management, boards, and investors in these sectors with a real time view of quality across their organisations so they can support quality improvement and evidence quality.
Based off an exceptional early-stage product, our business currently supplies a range of blue chip organisations both in the UK and now in 2 international markets. However, we now seek to take our offering to the next level. Our business has ambitious growth plans for product development (new features and modules) as well as international sales.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Put the customer at the heart of everything we do
- Achieve as one team
- Deliver the right results at the right pace to drive our ambition
- Innovate with purpose
What we are looking for
To support Tendable’s plans for growth in the UK and internationally, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer, who is not only passionate about web development but also about your impact on product and end-users, to join our expanding Engineering tribe. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. You’ll play a pivotal role in the continued development and growth of our product and business.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both back-end and front-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. We are moving to a microservices architecture and everything is hosted in AWS. We use a combination of both containers as well as serverless, and many managed AWS services including ECS, Fargate, RDS and much more.
You are a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. You face coding challenges head-on and you’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone when you have your mind set on defeating a challenge. You can work with development teams and product owners to ideate software solutions and deliver a compelling user experience. You’re someone who is keen to share knowledge and collaborate with other developers across the business.
- Experience as a Full Stack Developer or a similar role in web development
- Proficiency in React and familiarity with relevant and globally supported framework as Angular, Vue etc.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors, JS task runners/build tools, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries such as SASS, NPM scripts, webpack.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience in developing REST web services and APIs.
- Experience of database development (database design and management) including Postgres and Redis.
- Proficiency in writing unit tests. Knowledge and experience of cross browser/device testing, TDD, BDD and test automation.
- A good grasp commonly used design patterns that avoid redundancy, promote developer efficiency, testability and maintainability.
- Built reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Knowledge and experience of using container tools, especially Docker.
- Experience of code versioning tools such as Git and experience with code review tool.
- A desire to collaborate and innovate with other members of the team.
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- CI/CD experience
- Experience in building cloud-hosted services at scale
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Knowledge on data querying and manipulation
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience of Agile methodologies
- Competitive market salary and a pension contribution up to 7%
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Company share option scheme
- Individual personal development budget plus 3 days leave per annum
- 25 days annual leave
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to join an exciting start-up in growth
At Tendable, we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.