Remote-first (HQ in Euston, London)
We are a fast growing, venture capital backed business founded 6 years ago, applying the best digital technology to solve one of healthcare's most important challenges - how to engage front line teams in continuously improving quality and patient safety. Our aim is to bring a transformational digital user experience to front line staff, across all health and social care settings, by removing manual paper-based processes, thereby freeing up time to care. In doing so, we provide front-line teams with the information and evidence needed to improve their services. We seek to provide management, boards, and investors in these sectors with a real time view of quality across their organisations so they can support quality improvement and evidence quality.
Based off an exceptional early-stage product, our business currently supplies a range of blue chip organisations both in the UK and now in 2 international markets. However, we now seek to take our offering to the next level. Our business has ambitious growth plans for product development (new features and modules) as well as international sales.
We actively seek out people who demonstrate our four core values:
- Hero the Customer
- Achieve as One Team
- Deliver the right results at the right pace to drive our ambition
- Innovate with purpose
What we are looking for:
To support Tendable's plans for growth in the UK and internationally, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our expanding Engineering team. There are many new and exciting features upcoming that need to be implemented after the V3 release and you’ll be able to play a pivotal role in the continued development and
growth of our business.
You’ll be someone who’s willing to learn and contribute to the wider team. You’re comfortable working alone or as part of a team. You face coding challenges head-on and you’re not afraid to leave your comfort zone when you have your mind set on defeating a challenge.
Most importantly, you are enthusiastic about making an impact on the working lives of health and social care staff, from the front line to the board.
You’ll be responsible, together with the tech team, for keeping Tendable systems up and running 24/7.
- You’ll be a key person, to help implement and roll-out CI/CD pipelines, build self-service tooling, improve processes and infrastructure to support developers across all teams
- You’ll work with the team to define and implement our operations procedures and best practices for our customer-facing systems
- You’ll be the champion of system monitoring and alerting best practices
- You’ll effectively investigate, resolve and mitigate service-impacting events
You will have:
- Good Linux skills and experience
- Experience with DevOps culture and processes
- Experience with running Docker containers in production (AWS ECS/Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience working with Public Cloud such as AWS
- Experience with provisioning, configuration management and application deployment tooling
- Worked in an Infrastructure as code environment
- Supported development teams
- A good understanding of Agile Software Development practices
Nice to have:
- Experience of using Test Driven Development (TDD) practices
- Experience managing and working with colocation services
- Competitive market salary with pension contribution up to 7%
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Individual personal development budget plus 3 days leave per annum
- Company share option scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to join an exceptional start-up business backed by blue-chip VCs at an early stage of the journey
At Tendable, we are proud to have Diversity and Inclusion at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, colour, national origin, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.